As a parish of the Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter, we comply fully with the requirements as promulgated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops under the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People and the Essential Norms derived from the Charter. The Essential Norms, having received the recognition of the Holy See, are particular law in all the dioceses of the United States.
The Ordinariate Safe Environment Program consists of the following components:
- A criminal background check/screening program for clergy, candidates for ministry, religious, lay employees, educators and adult volunteers who have regular contact with children as part of their work and ministry. When required, background checks and screening must be completed before the person assumes his or her position or begins volunteer service. There can be no compromises or exceptions to this requirement of our Safe Environment program.
- Providing appropriate Safe Environment training in preventing and recognizing child physical or sexual abuse. The Safe Environment training program approved for all priests, deacons, candidates, religious, employees, teachers and adult volunteers is Protecting God’s Children.
- Access via the Ordinariate website to online tools to enable all who are required to register for a criminal background check and complete Protecting God’s Children training from their personal laptop or computer.
- Help children and youth to cooperate in maintaining their own personal safety through implementing the Teaching Touching Safety It is important that every child in our schools, parish religious education and youth programs be given the opportunity to take part in this critical component of our Safe Environment program.
- Holding all those who work with minors to a Christ-centered and professional Code of Conduct.
- Reporting physically or sexually inappropriate and/or criminal conduct to appropriate child protection, law enforcement and Church authorities immediately.
For more information, contact the Parish Office.